Saturday, August 21, 2010

What to wear when meeting my boyfriends parents?

I need to know what exactly I should wear when meeting my boyfriends parents! I asked this question the other day and everybody said to wear slacks and a silky top (pretty much) after I said I didnt want to overdo it. Here are a few more details then the last question i asked:


I am 17 years old so i dont want to go granny style.


I dont want to wear slacks because were not meeting in a fancy surrounding.


I am meeting her at an airport because my boyfriend and I are moving out to where she lives.


My boyfriend is just wearing pajama pants but I want to impress her.


I like style so I dont want to be plain, but I dont want anyone suggesting 10 pounds of makeup and jewelry either.


So could somebody pretty please help me?!


I will be going out in May or early June so it will be in the high 60's low 70's.





THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ALL WHO ANSWER!What to wear when meeting my boyfriends parents?
i'd say look casual..not like you took ten years to think of something...and most of all not too flashy.





I'd wear some cute dark wash jeans.





with a cute not too fancy top





W/ some accesories..but not too over the top








I think you would like Urban Outfitters tops.


They are pretty cute.


But then again i dont rly know your whole style.





I hope you like it though.





GOOD LUCK!What to wear when meeting my boyfriends parents?
As long as you are dressed relatively conservative it shouldn't be a problem. If you would like to make her happy, find out if there is a favorite something or another she would like from your current local and bring her some.

Report Abuse



Well, I would say you should wear something...not trashy, its just that you dont want to give bad signals to his parents. Trust me, his parents will love you if you just act normal,


i mean i dont think you should wear something too different than what you usually wear :)





good luck girl:D

Report Abuse



something nice and causual.


you want to impress your boyfriend to so if you want to show a little bit of legs,wear everything on top.


or if you want to show off around your breastline,wear some jeans,and uggs.


anything can work just dont choose something that shows too much.

Report Abuse



First of all, make sure you use little to no make up. I'm not a parent yet, but I doubt they'd like to see their son dating one of those girls with over-applied make up. Lipgloss and mascara is all you need.


Try wearing something that's not too flashy or revealing. You don't have to wear granny clothes. Parents don't mind if their son's gf is stylish....
You can still wear jeans, and add a cute top with a light blazer/jacket. Then to make it slightly dressier, wear a heel with the jeans. I love that look! Go light with the jewelry, probably something that will double and be two lengths would look cute. Whats your skin tone? Wear a top that goes well. Light makeup too, you dont want o look like you're high maintenance for their son, or like a hootchie. I hope this helps and it goes well!!
Try a cute little white skirt like this one:


http://store.delias.com/item.do?category鈥?/a>





, a simple little knit top like this one:





http://store.delias.com/item.do?category鈥?/a>





then add a pop of color with casual red ballet flats:





http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid鈥?/a>





keep the accessories easy, since it is a casual thing:





http://www.aldoshoes.com/eng/storeSectio鈥?/a>





and don't forget the hobo bag!





http://store.delias.com/item.do?category鈥?/a>
just be comfortable. be yourself, and whatever you do... dont overdress...





its kind of like the saying ';dress to impress';





just wear what you feel comfortable in but make sure it isnt some skanky skirt and a halter or something.


be comfortable yet casual//sophisticated
look casual yet sophisticated don't look like you r trying too hard to make them like you NO ONE likes that u can wear nice jeans and a cute top wear the right amount of jewelry and awesome shoes!
Well I think that you should just be yourself. Don't let it be too formal like slacks and a nice shirt. Why don't you trying something like capris, low-heel shoes, and trendy top. Or could also try to nice spring dress with cute heels, and some cute earrings to go along with it.
Be yourself, wear what youd be comfy in normally.


Something casual like jeans, a nice top and some accessories.


Dont try to over do it, especially as you will be living with/near her or so has to like you for you, not who you are trying to be.
its easy just take a nuns uniform or outfit
Do dress conservatively......don't show your belly or your breasts. What is wrong with wearing dress pants and a blouse. Go easy on the makeup, let them see you in your natural beauty. A necklace and earrings also a nice touch. Do go easy on the perfume as you don't know whether they may have allergies. You don't want them coughing and sneezing because you over did it! Have a great visit and please use your manners. Thank you, etc...
I would wear comfotable dark wash jeans or a jean pencil skirt since it will be warm, and a flowy shirt sleeve top. Like a peasent top? i hope this helps and i hope it goes well!!
For clothes: dark non destroyed jeans, a cute yet conservative t-shirt and a nice pair of heels


For makeup: were like gold or silver eyeshadow which ever looks better
You don't wanna wear anything that's not you, so wear something comfortable yet cute. Maybe a jean skirt(lenghty) and cute top with some cute sandals, wear what you would normally wear. If you go and dress up jus to make an impresson you would be lying cause it's not you, so wear what you like jus make sure it's ladylike/presentable/parent approved

No comments:

Post a Comment