Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Parents with newborns: would you hire a 11 year old as a mothers helper and then possibly babysitting?

I love kids and I have tried getting a babysitting job but everyone thinks im to young so I am considering being a mothers helper and maybe if you trusted me babysitting!!! I can also cook and do light housework.Parents with newborns: would you hire a 11 year old as a mothers helper and then possibly babysitting?
The only way that I see you getting a babysitting job is by attending Red Cross babysitting class and getting certified. This will show that you are sincere and you have received proper training. Contact your closest Red Cross and they will be able to provide you with a training schedule. Best wishes.Parents with newborns: would you hire a 11 year old as a mothers helper and then possibly babysitting?
I do not have children yet but i myself have babysat on occassion. you are still at an age yourself where you may need a babysitter so there is no way you can babysit. try again when your 13 or 14 but the chances are that you will not land any interviews even until you are 16 or 17. you sound very mature for your age though so that is good. what i would do if you really love kids because the chance of getting a job is impossible at your age is go to neighbores who you know or possibly friends of your parents, family, etc. they may be willing to do the mothers helper, probably still not babysitting due to your age. you also could look into volunteering at the nursery at your church, they are always looking for some help!


good luck!


chris
probably not for a newborn, just because they are so fragile. maybe when they can crawl and stuff say 6 month or older





but i would not just hire you as a babysitter to start with you would have to come to mmy homeand be my helper for a month or so to show me how responsible you are and I would leave the baby for you to take care of but i would be there just incase. I would want to you take care of her just as you would when i was not there then after you have gained my trust then we would start with you watching her for maybe 30 min to an hour while i ran to the store to get groceries or something just for a short time then we would work our way up to longer times. I would make sure you knew how to do cpr so i would look into going through red cross to take a infant and toddler cpr and first aid class. lots of parents would prefer you to know how to save their choking baby since babies stick stuff in their mouth all the time





you would be strictly forbidden to have any friends over or phone calls and i personally would not want you watching tv while caring for my child.








and all this would only happen if you were a very mature 11 year old.





I was very mature at 11 but i know 17 year olds and 20 year olds that act like 5 year olds so i say it goes more on how mature you are
I personally would not hire an 11 year old to babysit my newborn.


I don't even trust my own mother-in-law to watch my 6 week old baby by herself... So definitley wouldn't be leaving my baby with another young child... nothing against you or anything, you're just too young to know what to do in emergencies or even how to take care of a newborn baby.
no not for my newborn due May 1st 2010! sorry off subject, no not till 16 and u took the red cross traning, if I was there and I new and trusted u i would consider it.


But if you were 11 and new and trusted u I might if I was there and I new ur parents and a cell phone. Sorry over protected mother
i'd trust virtually any kid as a mother's helper... the way i see is you cant really do anything wrong cus i would be there to oversee... as for babysitting a newborn... VERY doubtful, you are waaay too young... if i were to work with you as my helper for awhile i might consider a person your age to sit for older kids (4 or 5) for a short while... like a trip to the store... but i think you should accept that likely people will only hire you as a helper until you are older
no sorry not as a babysitter you are way to young to handle a newborn a mothers helper maybe but i would not leave my new born with an 11 year old , You are just not mature enough and i would not hire you as a baby sitter until you were fifteen or sixteen
you may love kids but its not easy. i have a 9 month old and i would not hire an 11 year old sorry dear, alot can happen and you could panic. i know you think you will be fine and will not panic but things happen you still a child your self to much for an 11 year old maybe wait untill your 16.
Not at all. Im a mother of twins and I have one on the way, my twins are 7 months old now, I would let any child under the age of 14 babysit them even if they were 4 or 5. The babysitter we have is 28 years old and I don't like her doing it because shes to young. Your just to young and you don't have the experience. Your gonna have to wait a few years.
I wouldnt...i just dont trust anyone...plus money is tight...





besides the fact that you are only 11, i'm with the person above me...i dont even let my mother-in-law watch my baby and he's 5 months old now...





my own mother will be caring for my son for the very first time tomorrow.





i dont trust a young child watching my son.
it actually depends on what you can do and if you're good enough in taking care of babies with your very young age. With being a mother's helper, guess that will fit you better.
No, I wouldn't. Especially not for my newborn. An 11-year-old child with no experience is not my ideal babysitter. Sorry.
I watch 3 other children besides my own during the day and when the 12 yr old girl next door gets home from school, she comes over and helps me out for an hour. So it's totally possible.
You are still a little young, babies need adult supervision. But you sound like you'd be an awesome helper and great wife someday!
Probably not. Unless she was family or a family friend, even then I would only allow her there to help me while I'm home.





Try in a few years.
No, sorry. It's just too young to care for a newborn - I also don't know if I would feel comfortable letting an 11 year old near a stove unsupervised. Sorry.
You would just get in the way. Wait a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment