Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do I help my 2 year old adjust from a 2 parent home to a single parent home?

My kids father and I recently seperated and it hasn't been a smooth transition. Does anyone have any tips to help my baby through this? The father still sees the child everyday cause he babysits while I'm at work.How do I help my 2 year old adjust from a 2 parent home to a single parent home?
If your child's schedule doesn't change, and if you can keep yourself and your husband relaxed and normal around the child, the transition shouldn't be too difficult for the child. We adults are the ones who make it tough because we are stressed out by what the kids may be going through. Just keep things in the child's life as normal as possible, that'll help the most.How do I help my 2 year old adjust from a 2 parent home to a single parent home?
Come on! The child won't even notice - it's 2yo not a 6 or 7yo.He will forget in a few days.
My parents divorced when I was very young, and I can tell you children have this knack for blaming themselves. You can never go wrong by making quality time, especially if both parents can be involved, though I know this isn't always the best thing. Alot of love, extra attention and just being normal. My parents told me exactly why they split up, and all it did was confuse me more. I know honesty is good, but to a certain extent, I don't think children need to know everything, I know I wish I hadn't. There are alot of really good support groups to, even for you child, where they can play with other children going through the same thing. Good luck and I hope everything works out for the best for you and yours!
Yeah, reconcile with the father so the kid will have a stable home.
tell dad that U want 2 keep the story the same. tell the baby that mommy %26amp; daddy are going 2 have 2 houses %26amp; live in different places. remind her that she gets 2 see both of U %26amp; that it is ok that U r a family apart. that sometimes people need 2 live this way. that U %26amp; daddy are not happy living 2gether, but that U r happy living apart. they will want U both 2 be happy. so this is the best way 2 put it 4 now. when they get older it can be expanded upon. they r pretty smart %26amp; will ask if U will ever be a family 2gether again. this is when U say U do not know or maybe or no probably not. if either of U move on in Ur personal life, U will need 2 explain that now mommy or daddy has found some1 that they want 2 share with %26amp; that there is now more people that love them %26amp; that is great. if U r ok with it they will be ok with it. it will only be as difficult as U make it. learn 2 let go %26amp; share, there is always enough love. good luck, been there, did it, my daughter is now 13 %26amp; well adjusted. her father %26amp; I divorced when she was 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment