Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do i get out of my parents cell phone contract?

I want to get my own contract so i can have texting and internet(we don't have that on r plan cause it's too expensive and my parents aren't going to pay for it). Anyways, is there anyway i can break the contract or do i have to wait until the contracts up. We have a 2 year contract.How do i get out of my parents cell phone contract?
You will have to pay an early temination fee to close down your line. Typically, the fee is $175 or $200 less $5 for each completed month of the contract. Before you even contemplate this, make sure you're eligible for your own contract. You have to be 18 to sign a contract and you have to pass a credit check or pay a security deposit that can run as high as $800.How do i get out of my parents cell phone contract?
it depends on youre service provider. you might be able to change it on the contract, or if youre in the middle of a contract pay an early termination fee (ive heard can be $200 or so). or just wait until youre contracts up.
If you're 18 and can afford it, you buy your own contract. If you're not, you wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment