Saturday, August 21, 2010

My parents keep saying no when I ask if I can get a dog. How do I let them know I am ready for a dog?

I want a Australian Cattle Dog. They said that since we already have a dog I don't need one. Any tips on how I can let them know?My parents keep saying no when I ask if I can get a dog. How do I let them know I am ready for a dog?
Well do you take great care of the dog you already have? If not then it's easy to see why they would say no. If you only have one dog now, how do you know it will get along with another? Do you know how to properly introduce them? There's a lot to think about concerning your other dog before getting a new one. Can you find a reputable breeder to get the cattle dog from? Will you buy it with your own money? Will you pay for it to be vaccinated and any additional vet visits? Unless you can afford another dog by yourself, your parents probably won't let you get one. Maybe they don't have the money to care for another dog and know you can't afford it either. Providing for a dog financially is a big issue. They obviously don't want another dog in the house. i'm assuming you're underage and living under their roof so there's not much you can do except convince them that you alone can afford another dog and are mature enough to care for 2 dogs. If they still say no, then that's their answer and you won't be able to change it. Just cherish the dog you already have :) And one day your current dog will die and then some time after that you can get another one. i know this isn't what you want to hear but it's reality.My parents keep saying no when I ask if I can get a dog. How do I let them know I am ready for a dog?
An Australian Cattle dog ( Heeler ) is very active and needs someone that is very good at being in charge with their dog. If not raised correctly, they will tend to nip at heels and try to rule the house.


Some are so possive of their person that they will not even let relatives or friends touch their person.





If you do get another dog, choose a breed that will fit in well with the family and friends that come to your house.
If they don't want a dog, it doesn't matter if you're ready or not.





Not only that, a cattle dog is SO energetic and requires so much mental stimulation to keep them from becoming bored and destructive. Cattle dogs take huge time and effort. There's no putting them off for homework, phone calls, social life, whatever.
Your parents said no and you should accept their decision. Your parents would end up paying the vet bills, food, flea and tick control, deworming. On top of this, they have you and another dog to take care of. Plus a house they are paying for with bills on top of bills. It's not fair to ask them over and over and make them feel bad about telling you no. Get a job when you are old enough, move out when you are old enough, then get a dog of your own that you can afford. Buying the dog is the cheapest part.
Not this question AGAIN? I don't know how many times it's been asked just TODAY?





What do you NOT understand about the word. Why do you disrespect your parents by continually nagging them about a dog? I wouldn't get you one either. Ever think that perhaps they can't afford another dog? You do know, of course, that the average price to keep a dog a year is approximately $1000.00?





Once again, it's their home, their money and their decision.





AND, you certainly don't need an ACD. They are working dogs and need to be on livestock, so you would have to come up with the money to train with a reputable sheepdog trainer.





You ARE NOT ready for a dog. You'll be ready for one when you move out, get a job and a place of your own and you can afford to support yourself and a dog.





GROW UP!
They said no. Part of being mature is accepting the word no and waiting until you are on your own and can support a dog.





Why do kids keep asking parents over and over again? Are parents that weak? In my generation, we knew better than to ask a second time if our parents said no once.





My parents were strong enough to discipline us if we asked something after they told us no.





Your parents pay plenty of expenses for the dog you already have. Maybe they can't afford any more responsibilities.
What I did was I showed them how responsible i could be. If you have other pets, make a chart of one month of responsibility with them. Let them know you understand when you ask and be mature about it, don't ask too often though.
It doesn't matter how ready you think you are. You parents said no. The mere fact that you can't accept that they told you no proves that you aren't ready for the responsibility of a dog. Their house, their rules.
I can't answer a question like this one again....'How can I get my parents to get me a dog????'





Millions of tips here!





http://answers.yahoo.com/search/search_r鈥?/a>





Just a click away!
whats wrong with dog you have it seems like your parents are right in the sense you already have 1 you dont need another the tip is enjoy the dog you have
No joke, my Mom would have whipped my butt if I kept asking.





No means no - take care of the dog you have and focus on your school work.
Well then no is no.


You don't even sound like you know the first thing about ACDs anyway.
okay. ignore all the people saying that you shouldnt bug them because they said no. this happened to me, and guess what? IM GETTING A DOG!! :D


so heres what I did. I signed a contract and did a bunch of stuff thats on this website-


http://www.loveyourdog.com/anewdog.html





now, you said you wanted to show your parents that your responsible right? thats on this website too-


http://www.loveyourdog.com/responsibilit鈥?/a>





read the whoooole article.





the contracts here-


http://www.loveyourdog.com/contract.html





I reallllyy love this website. It really helped me convince my parents to get me a dog! Im so happy! Trust me. Just browze through this website and read the article, do what it says and hopefully you will convince your parents. Its totally worth it in the end! it helped me 100%!


good luck!!
  • professional makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment