Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What can 4 siblings do when the parents have willed the bulk of their property to one child?

My parents are in their mid-eighties and my mother is very partial to my sister. I don't think the rest of us are supposed to know about this, but (long story) I found out.What can 4 siblings do when the parents have willed the bulk of their property to one child?
is the sister who stands to inherit the care provider? if so then this is fair and consider it her just rewards for putting her life on hold to care for the parents in their old age. I take care of my parents my siblings can not be bothered. I will not inherit anything but maybe their debt but my siblings think I am favorite and sometimes can be quite hurt full and petty. The thing is, they are not here for the lovely things that go along with helping the parents, like the accidents when they can not get to the bathroom on time or the confusion and the embarrassment they go through when things do not go right. My siblings rarely even answer the phone when I call and God forbid I need a break or would want a couple of hours to myself. Maybe you might want to consider building a better relationship with the parents, be there for them, even when they do not remember you and love them even if they wet themselves. If she is the caregiver, she has sacrificed a great deal already. I suspect your sister is the primary caregiver and has been there for your parents while everyone else was out living their lives. I could be wrong of course... BUt if your parents are in the 80's and they are partial to her there is likely a reason. find out what it is and there is the answer.What can 4 siblings do when the parents have willed the bulk of their property to one child?
Either you get over it or when the will comes into effect, get a lawyer to fight the case. You will probably have to show in court that you have contributed to caring for your parents and perhaps you will get a favourable ruling. However, things will get pretty ugly if you sister decides to fight you to the bitter end.
my advice would be just to get oevr it. i hate seeing families ruining their relationships and not enjoying the last years of their paren'ts lives by worrying over who is goign to get what. does it really matter??? absolutely not. you just continue to work hard and save and be responsible financially yourself. of course, it's a slap in the face if a parent intentionally chooses one sibling over another. but there is nothing you can do about it. and arguing and being angry will just destroy relationships and make you even poorer by taking away your greatest riches- family. nothing and I mean NOTHING is worth losing family over. amd arguing about a will and inheritance of temporary things is silly and immature! the money would be nice to have but it's just money and will run out one day. it can never replace what you lose through anger.
If your parents are in their 80's then you are a little old to stomp and cry that she got more than you.





Confront them. Ask if there's a reason. Other than that, you cant do anything. Other than let it bother you for the rest of your life.
Contest the will, get a good laywer.
Earn much more than that urself... Make ur life even better than their's and take care of them.. Only then they wud realize their mistake.. (if any) :)
l
If that's their decion u can't do anything about it just work and earn ur own properties..life is not always fair..

No comments:

Post a Comment