Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How should I market photography sittings to parents at daycare?

I have spoken with the director of a daycare. We are going to try to have a day when I takes Christmas photos of the kids (set up a Christmas setting and do portraits of each individual child). I need a sheet to be given to each parents with pricing, etc. Should I set a minimum order price and let them create their own packages or create packages myself?





Also, I'm planning on setting up a mock setting with my daughter to use an an example (have the sample photo shown at the daycare).





Any other ideas?





Should I charge a sitting fee per child?How should I market photography sittings to parents at daycare?
i would try to sell them the idea that their kids look really cute at daycare, and what they missed out on. how little Tommy was cuddling up to BO BO bear for example, and express that they should of seen it. i would reinforce the idea that they are missing out on precious moments and great displays of their children while they are at work. do set minimum order price, and feel free to create your own packages. I'd just let it be quietly known that i am flexible adjust or alter deals if necessary. mainly I'd just try to push the fact that the Christmas photos are extremely important in the family albums. if parents are saying the cost is high, they are really saying they didn't see the product being of that value, and what parent is gonna not see the value in their children's Christmas photos. which is a major heirloom as the child grows on. i wouldn't charge a sitting fee, however if queried on the cost of photos, I'd say that's added into the overall price.How should I market photography sittings to parents at daycare?
child portrait


http://www.photoartomation.com鈥?/a>


http://www.photoartomation.com鈥?/a>


http://www.photoartomation.com鈥?/a>


http://www.photoartomation.com鈥?/a>

Report Abuse



Wow what a fun job! Kids are great!





I'd create a nice quality tri fold brochure with some sample photos, as well as all the info about the photo shoot....include pricing and anything you think will get people there...MAYBE EVEN include a little order form in there of some sort....so they can pre-order - and get like 10% off or something on their full order ....just a thought. That way you can get an idea to see how many people are interested! If your creative, I would do it yourself, but if you need to, I'd hire a designer, you'd greatly benefit from their expertise! There are ways to find good professional designers that will work with in a low budget - if you have one. :) Leave the brochures at the day care, maybe have them send a brochure home w/ each child....you should contact more than one daycare, and get the most out of your brochure though! Why not do a few, and not just one daycare?! Good luck!
  • preventing blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment