Saturday, August 21, 2010

What is the most important thing your parents taught you when you were younger?

Kids have to learn a lot of life lesson while growing up. What are the most important things you learned when you were a kid and teenager?What is the most important thing your parents taught you when you were younger?
That there are always going to be two who know when you have done something wrong, God and yourself.What is the most important thing your parents taught you when you were younger?
I'm turning 21 in just over a fortnight and I can't even begin to give enough praise to the job my parents have done.





Apart from their utterly undying support and love, the thing I will take most with me is to ';live the live you dream, not to find yourself, but to create yourself';





Perhaps not the message so much itself, but the passion and belief they held and have instilled in my that it is truly possible.





That, and ';question everything.';
This is a somewhat hard question for me to answer. I was raised by my grandparents. My mother took off when I was 8 years old 2 days before my 9th birthday. She got mixed up with drugs and men. I witnessed things as a child that no child should ever have to see. When she did leave my father turned to alcohol and drank every day for many years. I seldom saw him sober. It was the worst time of my life and very difficult to talk about. It also was a learning experience. I have never used drugs, I have never even tried them. I do not drink, nor do I like to be around those who do.


My grandparents raised me and molded me into the person I am today. These wonderful people gave up their golden years to take care of me and my sister. I'm sure it wasn't easy at their age either. They were kind, loving, and very very giving. They taught me to give my all at being a parent. They taught me what true love is and how a marriage is supposed to be. My grandpa almost died trying to care for my sick grandma. He just wouldn't give up. His love for her was too strong. I was taught family always comes first before anything else.


I was taught to sacrifice everything for the love of your children just as they did for me. I don't know what would have happened to me if it wasn't for them. I struggle every day with their death. It has been 6 years. I thank God for the Love they gave me. Because Love is the most important thing I was taught. How to receive it and how to show it. I am now passing that same love on to my husband and children.
My mother did not teach me much growing up. She had major issues with me and beat me up most of the time. Long story..........





I had to learn important things on my own. My mother had low self-esteem and did not know how to instill much. I guess the best things she ever did was set an example of how to pray. I prayed to god and asked him to help me with her.
My mom taught me that our actions have reactions, which create consequences. And although we cannot control the thoughts, feelings or actions of others, we can control our own and create different and more positive outcomes based on how we handle situations. :)
I am from a family of very strong women and I was taught to stand up for myself, don't sell myself short for the attention of a man, and if you want to be given equal footing in this world then you have to earn it.
It was probably to stay away form bad people, Which by now i assume they meant people who do drugs and drink alcohol or Beat people up. stuff like that.
Do what makes you happy.


Don't keep people in your life that you know aren't good for you.


The pain will pass.


You'll always have somebody there for you when you need them, or just want them there.
Independence
actions and consequences and that family comes first
that people take advantage of those that seem to be weak because of reasons like beliefs or because they are trusting in others... the world is cruel to those that do not follow what it has to offer
Live 1 day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment