Friday, November 25, 2011

What are good homemade Christmas gifts for parents?

I am fourteen. This year my family has to cut down on money spending. I really can't go out by myself to buy something without my parents knowing. I can't make coupons for chores and different things because my parents already expect me to do that stuff. It also really hard to keep things hidden form my parents as well. They are so nosy. I have come up with no ideas and need help. I haven't gotten them anything so far and starting to panic because Christmas is right around the corner. Please Help Me!What are good homemade Christmas gifts for parents?
I found this really cool blog site for you. They have about 7 homemade gift ideas using things I'm sure you could find lying around your house.


It's pretty cool.





There's jar snowglobes, paper beads, and s'mores jars!


:]





Happy Holidays!What are good homemade Christmas gifts for parents?
you can make them fleece blankets in their favorite colors- you'll just have to go buy fleece though http://www.exploringwomanhood.com/homeli鈥?/a>


maybe burn CDs of songs


decorate picture frames adn put a nice picture of you inside


bookmarks


ornaments


scrapbooks
Take some of your old stuff or go through stuff you have set aside for a garage sale (or go to a garage sale!). Then give it a makeover! For example, take a beaten up bike that your brother was about to throw away and paint it. Or go online and learn to make a duct tape wallet. How about recovering the pages of an old textbook to make a funky scrapbook? Check out craft books from the library and try your best - it's the thought that counts!
I think if you buy something and they see its fine, if they are nosy that's their fault, its not like they will tell you that they saw the gift so you should return it. Otherwise, some of the other ideas like photo albums are good.
make them a collage of pictures with you and your family and or if you have siblings all of you guys and then in the middle write a poem for them they will like that way more then anything you could buy them in a store
a scrapbook


you could do it all on the computer


just print up some pictures and maybe write some stuff about it


then print it and put it in a book or a binder


i bet u they would love it
if you cant go out to get anything, why not just enjoy Christmas with your family in other ways, after all, this is whats important. Make some Christmas cookies together :)
How about a family memory book, and put lots if different pics, storys and decorations in it. Something for everyone!
an album of pictures or drawings, and nice thoughts written down
The first few years of my marriage I had a very tight budget and so I made a lot of gifts. Later when I had kids I also encouraged them to make things for the people in their family. Below is a list of ideas of things either I made or my kids made:





1. Photo collages from photos of each person with other family members. You can use frames with cutouts or overlap photos using a board and then put a layer of shellac over it when you are finished.





2. Photo magnets - All you need are photos of yourself and a strip of magnetic sheet. You place the photos on the sheet and cut out a background for each photo then you strip off the magnet explosing the sticky back and adhere to photos.





3. Custom shirts/sweatshirts - I bought sweatshirts from Michaels for $5 and some fabric paint and I made each person a custom shirt. For example, my brother loves pizza so I painted a big pepperoni pizza on his!





4. Another year, I bought flower pots and painted them to each person's personality - fill them with coffee beans and you have a pen/pencil holder!





5. Bookmarks - Design some bookmarks on poster board (personalize for each person) and then get it laminated. Cut out each bookmark and punch a hole with a hole punch at the top. Loop some yarn through the hole and viola!





Hope these ideas help! Whatever you do, if you do it from the heart I know your parents will love it!
  • skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment