Friday, November 25, 2011

How do i got about asking my parents to see a phyciatrist?

i really feel the need to talk to someone. im not sure if im depressed or really confused with life but my sister is bipolar and she had to go to see a phyciatrist but i feel i need to. Councilers annoy me. What should i say or do to tell them that i really need to see someone?How do i got about asking my parents to see a phyciatrist?
Make sure you know why you want to go see a phyciatrist, and have it worded so your parents can understand. Keep it short and to the point.





I just talked to my parents about this two days ago while we were at star-bucks.





Try starting the conversation with one of these:





-Have you ever thought about sending me to a psychiatrist? If things like this run in the family, wouldn't it be a good idea to make sure it isn't going to be a problem with me?





I don't really feel like talking about why, but can you guys trust me enough to make an appointment without knowing all the reasons?





--i've noticed i've not been at my best lately, and can't think clearly. This is really making a difference in my studys/daily life. Could I get some help with this?How do i got about asking my parents to see a phyciatrist?
Maybe u can ask an elder relative to help you if you can't talk to your parents
I agree with a lot of the other advice you've received....I just want to toss in that I would wager that since your parents got your sister help with her illness that they would also be supportive/receptive to you asking for help...and possibly are better equipped than others to get you that help (since they've already been through something similar). Good luck!
tell them about your problems and suggest a phyciatrist
just tell them. start a conversation, say you've been having trouble, feeling sad... and tell them you want to see a dr in the same conversation. just be strong and get it over with... goodluck!
  • skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment