Friday, July 30, 2010

How much should I charge my parents to clean our extremely cluttered basement?

What would be a reasonable price? They are willing to pay me quite a bit becuase it will require quite a bit of work. Also, I wanted to get a job and they wouldn't let me. On top of that, they are not paying me to babysit my siblings over the summer.How much should I charge my parents to clean our extremely cluttered basement?
If I even attempted to charge my parents for something??? .... WOW.... I dunno I always felt like having a room, clean cloths, hot food on my plate and good company was enough in my life... You might as well just slap your folks right in the face....How much should I charge my parents to clean our extremely cluttered basement?
I agree with Bwoodz. They're not paying you to babysit siblings, which means they consider work-around-the-house to be a responsibility that goes along with the priviledges you have of being part of the family.





So, do it for nothing. Work harder than you have to, clean it more than you have to. When you're done, your parents will be compelled to follow their own philosophy - and they will compensate you with money and other priviledges - not the least of which is trust.
Charge them a reasonable rate per hour. It sounds like the kind of a job that nobody would know how long it would take plus there will be decisions to be made about what to do with some items. An hourly rate would be fair to them and you.
Charge by the hour. Decluttering can take a lot longer than you expect. Your parents know you won't drag out the job just to make more money. Ask THEM what hourly wage they think is fair... because their figure might be higher than what you would suggest.
You should let them decide after the job is finished.After all they understand the amount of work involved and are willing to pay you for doing it.They will be fair with you.
Nothing! Don't ask for a penny, then when you've finished, you may get even more cash than if you had asked. They're you're parents remember! And the economic crisis isn't helping!
50$$
Charge them nothing. Remember they take care of you.
Count yourself lucky that the fee is up to you.





I got what I was given!

No comments:

Post a Comment